WHAT EXACTLY IS FENG SHUI?
When people first meet me and hear what I do, their question is almost always ‘What exactly is Feng Shui?’ ‘Is that about interior decorating?’
One definition of feng shui is (when you ‘google it’) is:
ˌfʌŋ ˈʃweɪ,ˌfɛŋ ˈʃuːi/
- (in Chinese thought) a system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation in relation to the flow of energy (chi), and whose favourable or unfavourable effects are taken into account when siting and designing buildings.
Reference: Online Dictionary
Is that about Interior Decorating or Design?
Not really although it can influence the selection and/or placement of items. However, Interior Decorating is just that, all about how something looks. Whereas feng shui is primarily concerned with how a place feels.
For example, have you ever walked into your kitchen after a long day at work and you forgot that you hadn’t got round to tidying up in the morning and every dish is out needing to be attended too? It feels overwhelming. You feel cluttered. It can actually ‘get you down’. But read on, clutter is just one aspect of the principles of feng shui.
We’re interested in getting you to feel like the emotion portrayed in this picture:
In the past, I have often answered these questions with ‘well, let me tell you what feng shui is not’. For example, it is not interior decorating or design.
But, for the purposes of this article, I know what I’d like to now share with you, will be helpful:
1. Why people use feng shui, and
2. What benefits people have experienced as a result of managing the feng shui in their home, or office?
Before this, here is a little background about me:
In my personal experience, feng shui created:
- Very positive change to mine and my immediate family’s financial circumstances
- A change in the relationship I had with my youngest daughter (we stopped fighting and screaming at each other),
- My older daughter’s health improved and
- My husband immediately began to sleep more soundly
Sounds too good to be true, right? This was my experience. These positive outcomes to using feng shui personally lead me down the track of learning more about feng shui and ultimately where I am today, working with clients to introduce the principles of feng shui into their homes and office spaces.
My clients’ stories
Many clients come to me because they are feeling dissatisfied with their current situation. For example in the areas of their health, relationships, or their financial situation. As a result of introducing feng shui into their home and offices, my feng shui clients have experienced:
- Improvements in their health,
- Improvements in their children’s learning ability,
- Marriages back on track,
- Couples achieving pregnancy,
- Stopped children (and in offices, staff) from fighting and arguing,
- Improved finance management, and
- Increased customers for business
This is just the tip of the iceberg. What is crazy is feng shui can be very simple and low cost to introduce to your home or space if you are given some knowledge. We really don’t know, what we don’t know.
Yes, I work with clients privately and provide a ‘done for you’ service as a Private feng shui consultation but I know not everyone is ready for this or they don’t have a clear enough understanding of what feng shui is. Which is why I created a low-cost, DIY alternative.
Uncovering the mystery of Feng Shui
Answering the ‘what is Feng Shui?’ question so often lead me to develop a program aimed at helping to clear some of the mystery around feng shui and to guide people in the beginning steps of Feng Shui. This program is called Directing The Winds Of Change Seminar– 8 Steps to a Life of Harmony & Prosperity.
It offers an opportunity to gather a better understanding about the science of feng shui and why it would be useful to tap into it, it helps to empower people by introducing a range of energetic practices that you have at your fingertips to improve your space and fine tune the Harmony & Prosperity your family experiences.
The 8 Steps encompasses the areas of:
- Clutter – What clutter is, why we create it and how to clear it
- Essential Oils, Sage & Essence – ancient & easy ways to change the harmonic balance
- Feng Shui – define what Feng Shui is, clear some of the myths and confusion; tune into the energy of your home and gather tips you can immediately in your home
- Meditation, Relaxation & Behaviour Change – creating calm within yourself and clearing the clutter within your ‘monkey’ (overactive) mind
It’s a fun way to spend 3 hours while you gather helpful information to create change at home (even the best places can be improved) and a relaxed, friendly environment to ask questions. I would love to see you there:
Go here to Book Fran’s seminar Directing the Winds of Change
Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.